Congratulations on your splashy new website– now what?
Organic search engine ranking isn’t an overnight process and can take months before you start seeing results. However, waiting months for customers to start visiting your website and making sales isn’t realistic. You need customers now.
Welcome to the competitive world of paid digital marketing.
Did You Know:
- In the year 2020 $55.17 billion was spent on Google’s paid marketing alone and by year’s end Google will have a 73% market share across the world wide web. (geekwire.com)
- 79% of the population within North America uses social media? (May 2020 statista.com)
- Worldwide, the internet has 4.54 billion users, of those internet users 3.725 billion people have social media and those social media users spend an average of 142 minutes per day on social media. (brandwatch.com December 2019)
Simply put, paid social media and search engine marketing is fiercely competitive. By having an understanding of the criteria that search engines and social media review when determining ad eligibility can save you a lot of time and wasted ad spend.
Social Media platforms like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram offer tons of great paid advertising options and a wide variety of ad types.
- Single Image Ads
- Text ads
- Video ads
- Carousel Ads- for multiple products
- Event promotion
They also serve a variety of objectives and calls to action:
- Visit your website
- Gain social media followers
- Call, email or fill out a form
- Create brand awareness
- Convert your shoppers into buyers
Understand Your Audience and Targeting
Creating a target audience profile can help you narrow down your market. Customer demographics can be defined by:
- Geographic location
- Parental status & more.
If you’re an existing brand you probably already have a pretty good idea who you’re selling to. If you’re a newer start up this data may not be readily available, yet, but you can start with a few of the obvious criteria. Let’s say you’re selling women’s shoes you can probably assume your target market consists of women over the age of 14.
Timing and Scheduling
There are certain weeks in a month, days in a week and times during a day when your audience is captive. Having an understanding of this schedule, we can adjust your bidding strategy accordingly and capitalize on your advertising investment.
Creating Effective Ads on Google
Because the volume of advertisers competing for the same ad spaces can be in the hundreds and possibly even thousands, Google has setup a tool referred to as Ad Rank. Ad Rank determines your ads eligibility to appear in the search results and ad what position.
These are a few of the primary factors that Ad Rank reviews when determining your ads eligibility:
- Quality Score – Based on a scale of 1 – 10 your quality score is determined by 3 contributing factors:
- Ad relevance: How closely related the keywords in your ad are to the copy and content of your landing page on your website.
- Expected Click Through Ratio: Commonly used to measure the success of an online advertising campaign, this is the ratio of users that click on a certain link versus the total number of visitors that viewed the ad.
- Landing Page Experience: How long did the users stay on your landing page? Is there a high bounce rate or high conversion rate for the web page? Is the landing page clean coded, no errors, broken links, is it mobile-friendly?
- Competitiveness and budget– When there is a competitive auction between accounts that have comparable Ad Rank the tie breaker will be budget. How much are you willing to spend to get your website in the top spot of the search results? There is a science to bidding strategy.
- Ad Group Structure – Having tightly themed ad groups with at least 3 ads per group, no more than 20 keywords per group and at least 1 keyword per ad.
- Bidding Strategy – There is a science to bidding strategy and maximizing clicks and conversions. By keeping a close eye on the factors contributing to your ad’s performance such as keywords, timing, schedule, target audience and geography and adjust accordingly.
Having a laid out digital marketing plan set in place is a crucial means of getting your business the attention it deserves.
Contact Mosquito Creek Website Design today and let’s get your advertising budget on track.
Learn more about: Organic Search Results- The in’s and out’s or website optimization.